I've been making some changes to our little powder bathroom, and one of the bigger changes has been, what I like to call, our faux wainscoating.
Here is what we did:
1. We measured. A lot! We measured the length for the chair rail, then we measured how large we wanted our "frames". We also measured how far apart we wanted them, so we would know how many "frames" we needed.
2. Then we headed to the store!
We chose our chair rail and a cheap, thin molding for the "frames".
We also picked up silicone adhesive, caulk, and 1 1/2" nails.
3. We made ALL of our cuts before doing anything in the bathroom. I just think its easier that way!
4. We hung the chair rail, using adhesive AND nails. Notice the level, it was our best friend for this project!!
5. After the chair rail was up, we attached the "frames" the same way, piece by piece. We made sure to measure from the top of the base board to the bottom of the chair rail to make sure it was centered in the middle.
We also measured the space between each "frame".
6. Next we caulked everything!
7. We painted the trim first, in Valspar's Polar White
8. And then finished by painting the walls (Valspar's Wet Cement)
I want to add it everywhere now, that's how much I'm diggin it!
The complete bathroom makeover is still to come....I'm still working on a few other things for it!
Gingerly Made, The Blissful Bee, The Crafty Blog Stalker, From My Front Porch to Yours, French Country Cottage, Posed Perfection, All Our Days, Sugar & Dots. Embracing Change, The Pin Junkie, The Shabby Nest, Love of Family & Home, Its Overflowing, Funky Junk Interiors, Remodelaholic, I Heart Naptime, Pink When, I Should be Mopping the Floor, DIY Showoff, By Stephanie Lynn, Keeping it Simple, Craft-O-Maniac, Huckleberry Love, Rain on a Tin Roof, A Stroll Thru Life, Mod Vintage Life, Coastal Charm, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Sugar Bee Crafts, Adventures of a DIY Mom, Nap-Time Creations, Love Grows Wild, Its Taylor Made, Homecoming, Fluster Buster, Savvy Southern Style, Not Just a Housewife, Dorothy Sue & Millie B