12.22.2013

Old Fence turned Stocking Holder

Our house doesn't have a fireplace so I struggled this year finding a place to hang our stockings.  Last year I hung them below our TV on the console.  But this year my husband said "NO"!  He hated it last year because they caused the remotes to not work!  Oh, husbands!!

So when I found this old fence gate (for only $5) I thought it just might work!  Plus, it was already green!
It was really dirty and the paint was chipping, so I hosed it down good, then gave it a quick sanding to get the big flakes of paint off.
Then I gave it 2 thick coates of polycrylic, added hooks, then added our stockings!
I was hoping to hang it somewhere, but our house doesn't have a lot of wall space in the family room, so I just leaned it against the wall, underneath Santa!  It works!

May you all have a Merry Christmas!

Therena
 
Party Links:

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea, how fabulous is this. Love your Santa Picture too. I hope you have a Very Blessed and Merry Christmas. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea! I am using an old ladder :)
    Luv your idea as well. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea -- I'm using 2 sections of an old fence as a headboard, but if I ever switch gears, this will be what I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, CUTE idea. I just love it, and how great that the paint on the gate was already green.

    Dropping by from Sunday Showcase...

    Merry Christmas! Looks like you are well on your way to a fun one!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Therena, This is a really neat idea! I love it. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...