4.24.2013

Fun with Flowers

Since Spring is in the air, I was wanting to make a new wreath for my front door.  

This is the wreath I made a few months ago that has been on the door, which I love, but I wanted to add some color.  So I headed to Hobby Lobby to pick out some flowers (while they were on sale!) 
 And I went a little OVERBOARD! (like usual)
I have been loving the Hydrangia flowers lately, and I found these lovely pink ones!
This wreath took me all of 15 minutes to make:  I hot glued the flowers onto a plain "stick" wreath (I have no idea what they are actually called) but just those brown twig looking ones! I glued the flowers on first, then glued the leaves on where I wanted filler.  I had extra green material left over from the other wreath so I looped that around it, tied the bow at the top and called it good!
I had tons of flowers left over so I decided to surprise my mom with one.  Her front door is HUGE, so I made the wreath HUGE and it looks Fabulous! 

So fabulous that she asked me to make one for her pantry door.  If you remember the post about the pantry door, you probably remember it!  She wanted yellow with a burlap bow.
And she decided to photo bomb my pic! Love it! :) 
Here's a close-up
 Well, even after all those wreaths, I still had some flowers left over. Mostly because I bought too many different colors. I have had this metal basket for about 10 years, and have never known what to do with it.  When we moved into this house I stuck some fake fruit, shrubs, and burlap into it and used it on my kitchen table.  However I never LOVED it.  
Here it is:
So I played around with it and my flowers and came up with this.  
Much Better in my opinion!

And I like it way better in its new home:  It is now sitting in the little niche in our hallway. The window has been there, but I added my new creation and the scroll to the top.  Now I LOVE it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...