8.29.2013

Thrifty Thursday: Sheet Music Wreath

Do you all remember these?!  I'm pretty sure I missed the boat on them...by a few years!!! But I've always loved them and have always wanted one!  Unfortunately, I've never really had a spot for one before, so I all but forgot about them. 



 But then a few weeks ago while I was out shopping the garage sales, I came across this beauty for $5, and I remembered!  And on top of that, since my latest Living Room rearranging, 
I knew I had the perfect spot!!
 I love how discolored and worn the pages look!

I didn't really know what I was doing when I started, but it took me all of 20 minutes to make! 
It was super easy!


This is what I did:
First, I found a piece of thin cardboard (I used a cereal box from the recycle bin).  
I estimated the size I wanted, cut it out, then cut the middle out

Next, because I didn't want my wreath to be too huge, I ripped the pages in half before I rolled them.  Once they were rolled, I stapled the skinny end
 Then I just went around my cardboard circle, hot glueing them in place
 I ended up doing 3 layers of the rolled papers.  On the final layer, I folded the part that was stapled under the cardboard and glued it there, to cover up all the rough edges and so no staples were visible.


 To finish, I found some scrap lace I had that I thought was pretty.  I just glued it on top, then added a little lace flower I made with a gold button!

I hung it with twine over the antique window I have in my Living Room!!

Before:
 After:
I'm LOVING it!!
Better late than never, right?!!!!  I'm just thrilled to finally have one hanging in my house,
and for only about $5.00

Therena

Party Links:
The Shabby NestThe Pin JunkieLove of Family & HomeReasons to Skip the HouseworkThe Crafty Blog StalkerThe Frugal GirlsPosed PerfectionFrench Country CottageMade in a DayLiving Better TogetherCraft DictatorToo Much Time on my HandsIts OverflowingTatertots & JelloDIY ShowoffNifty Thrifty ThingsPink When, By Stephanie Lynn, Keeping it Simple, Craft-O-Maniac, The Casual Craftlete, Huckleberry Love, I Should be Mopping the Floor, One More Time Events, Life on Lakeshore DriveA Stroll Thru LifeFarmhouse PorchCoastal CharmLove Grows WildNaptime CreationsAdventures of a DIY MomSugar Bee CraftsSkip to My LouRain on a Tin RoofMod Vintage LifeFluster BusterThe Shady PorchDIY by DesignSavvy Southern StyleGreen Willow PondClean & ScentsibleNot Just a HousewifeOh My Creative, House of Hepworths





35 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make one too lol!!!
    Yours is beautiful and against that window? Perfection!
    ( I have just developed an obsession with vintage windows - behind the eight ball on that too LMHO )
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Suzan! I was a little late on the windows thing too!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your wall collage and your music wreath looks amazing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab! I made one that took me hours to finsich but I love it!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I probably would have given up if it took that long! lol

      Delete
  4. So pretty! Your wreath goes perfectly with the rest of the wall, which is also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great!! Come link up with us at Craft Frenzy Friday at www.craftdictator.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have always wanted to try one of these, and you had the perfect find! Absolutely love the way you have decorated your wall too!
    I found you through "The Craft Frenzy Friday Link Party" where I am also partying, would love it if you'd stop by too.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments Antonella!!

      Delete
  7. It looks so perfect on your wall!! this would make a perfect gift for all those amazing music teachers out there!! :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness you are so right, I'll be making another one then!!! Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  8. I've been wanting to make one of these! Yours looks great! I'm your newest follower and would love you to stop by and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    I hopped over from CFFriday.
    I love your song pages wreath.
    I think I'll try it-so easy!
    thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is easy! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  10. Fabulous decorating ideas never go out of style! I LOVE your wreath and your wall is SO pretty! Now have to add old sheet music to my list of things to look for at garage and yard sales! Visiting from TGIF Link Party and following you via Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL! Dont you just love the simplicity of this?I have always wanted to make one of these and now thanks to you Im going to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for posting on Craft Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You simplified the music page wreath. I am pinning and (I hope) making one too. Thanks for the great idea.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea, it is simple yet gorgeous and elegant. I love how this wreath gave new life to an old item that might have otherwise been discarded.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this idea, I've always wanted to make one. I especially like that you don't need a "real wreath" to start with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just made another one for my sister, and I used the cardboard from a cereal box!!! Thanks so much Kaci!

      Delete
  16. This looks amazing. I so love your design style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the style of this wreath! The lace in the middle is the perfect vintage touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, I thought it added a nice touch too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They brighten my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...